For my 60th birthday I find myself in a little
town called Jerica midway on the first section of the Via Verde from Barracas
to Torres Torres. Today we completed the first section (60km) and hopefully be
able to do the second section tomorrow. Its an easy 80km following an old
narrow gauge railway line.
I have to admit it is pretty cruisy.
On Monday after quick shop for clothes…. (Yes it is amazing what my dear wife can achieve with a time limit) and a long protracted process of fluffing around filing a report in Spanish we left Valencia in our shinning new Peugeot partner and drove north to a tourist coastal town called Peniscola. It is near a national park full of mountain bike tracks.
Tuesday we biked through the park to the next town and
back again. Probably some 60kms with around 5-600m elevation. Some of the tracks
up were a bit challenging for les and down a bit challenging for Bronni. Parts
were quite steep and rocky.
We splashed out and shouted ourselves a gelato when we got
back…
So now we find ourselves in Jerica sitting in this little
owner operated pub where no one speaks any English, I’m hungry and the dining room
doesn’t open till 9.00 oclock. (1 hour to go ) The TV is chatting away in the
corner (Spanish), guests at another table are successfully drowning it out and Les
is quietly chatting away on the computer…. I can do quiet. If fact compared to
the Spanish…. I’m very docile.
So you critics out there if you think that I’m OTT. Don’t
come to Spain. You’ll hate it. However if you love passion, energy, enthusiasm
and don’t mind loud this place has it in buckets. The only thing I struggle
with is their biological clocks. Everything is delayed by at least 4 hrs.
Breakfast is 10, Lunch 1-5 and dinner…… at this place starts a 9.00pm. This bit
is made for the Roaslie’s of this world.
I cannot understand why they bother with daylight saving.
No comments:
Post a Comment